Sunday, July 17, 2011

Spaghetti night

I remember when my mom would strip me down to my underwear, wrap a table cloth around me, and sit me down for spaghetti. In my house, my little guys (Braeden & Jackson) are nearly always running around in their underwear so no worries there! But really, I LOVE spaghetti. It's probably my favorite non-Mexican food. And truth be told, this was one of the first family recipes I began to tinker with. See, I've never been a very good rule follower when it comes to cooking. This really drives my mom crazy when she just wants to eat "our spaghetti" sauce and I'm in a spice-it-up mood. So, tonight for dinner at our house it was spaghetti and meat sauce. And rather than plan old garlic bread, I thought I would change it up a bit. The tomatoes were literally talking to me at HEB this morning. (Does food talk to you too?) So this is the link for the bruschetta recipe that I found and I just kind of went from there. At first I thought I would make a very traditional bruschetta: tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, and yummy bread.  But then I found this recipe and I loved the twist with the bubbly cheese.  So we tried them both.  Dusty and I loved the cheesy one, warm and bubbly.  The traditional one was great too.  The boys took one look at the tomatoes and ran for the hills, though they did like the crustini.  Spice up your family's spaghetti night by trying your hand at bruschetta (traditional or cheesy) and let me know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment