Monday, July 18, 2011

Creamy corn dip

Today, I whipped up a quick lunch before heading out of town for a work conference.  I shudder to think about the high-sugar crazy foods my boys will be eating while I'm lined up eating cafeteria food.  But, boys will be boys and I know they will enjoy it.  And I saw biscuits with sausage gravy on the menu board for breakfast in the morning. 

Anyways, I digress, so we didn't have much at the house, a half an ear of roasted corn, some sour cream, and frozen chicken quesadillas.  This recipe is an adaptation of a yummy dip from one of my old co-workers husbands, Raymond.  It was super yummy and it really jazzed up an otherwise ho-hum lunch.  This recipe could easily be doubled/tripled to feed more people.  And I hope you like it too!

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 ear of corn - roasted and cut off of the cob
1 jalapeno - seeded and diced
cilantro - chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  Serve with chips.  What are you waiting for! Dig in.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment