Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Corn salsa

 I'm back! - from my work conference that is.   I had a really good time and learned lots of new stuff but I missed my family (and cooking my own food) like crazy cakes.  In order to help our little guys eat dinner better, we've been letting the boys each pick a meal for the menu that week.  They are always so proud of their choices and tonight was Braeden's choice, bean tacos.  Bean tacos are made with flour tortillas, refried beans from a can, and plenty of shredded cheddar cheese.  Absolutely nothing fancy, but surprisingly good eats.  To go with it I really wanted guacamole, but I didn't have any avocados.  However, I had all the fixings for homemade pico and two ears of corn.  So I got to work dicing and tasting.  Initially, I thought this corn salsa would be good with tortilla chips, not so much, but it was FANTASTIC on our bean tacos.  Well, Dusty was scooping it up with chips, the spoon, whatever he could grab.  :) And can you tell corn was on sale this week?  I love a good deal on food as much as I do trying out a new recipe!  Oh, I have one more recipe with grilled corn I'm dying to try but whip up some corn salsa for yourself and let me know what you think.  Do you like it with chips?  Or on your favorite Tex-Mex food item?    

Corn Salsa
2 large roma tomatoes - diced
1/2 of a small onion - diced
1 jalapeno - diced
2 ears of corn - grilled and cut off the cob
the juice from one lemon
cilantro - diced
salt & cumin - to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment