Ok, I digress. On to the recipe!!! Ears of corn have been a on sale at the grocery store and we've been grilling at least once a week. The perfect side dish has been grilled corn. But I was reading on another blog (check out Bon Appetempt here) about her recipe for elote - corn, mayo, cheese, spicy delishishness. Now I have to admit, using mayo for anything other than sandwiches kind of grosses me out. But I'm growing and I'm stepping out of my mayo-belongs-only-on-a-sandwich box. The grilled corn was fantastically sweet. Add to that the creamy mayo topping and cheesy-spicy mix - wowie! It's grilled corn magic. Give it a try the next time you and your family grill up a meal and let me know what you think.
4 ears of corn (silk & husk removed)
3 Tablespoons lite mayo
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder (can substitute regular chili powder)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In one bowl, mix mayo and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix parmesan cheese, chipotle chili powder, cumin, and salt. Set aside.
- Grill corn, until bright yellow and/or slightly charred on all sides. (I like mine with just a few black spots, Dusty likes his mostly black. Your choice.)
- Remove corn from grill. Using a silicone brush "paint" the corn with the mayo mixture. Sprinkle cheese/spice mixture immediately afterward onto the corn.